Exhibition will highlight eco-friendly houses
A SECOND round of consultation is being held to gain views on the proposed new eco-friendly housing settlement at Boxted Wood. Galliard Homes is planning to provide 3400 homes for Uttlesford and 1100 for Braintree on the site adjacent to the old A120 betw
A SECOND round of consultation is being held to gain views on the proposed new eco-friendly housing settlement at Boxted Wood.
Galliard Homes is planning to provide 3400 homes for Uttlesford and 1100 for Braintree on the site adjacent to the old A120 between Stebbing Green and Blake End, straddling the border of the two districts.
The developers are running a public exhibition of the proposals - running at various locations in the Broadcast area from March 24-28 - which a spokesman said would seek to "update our masterplan vision and illustrate how the settlement will sit within the local context".
The exhibition, which follows on from one last year, will aim to explain how the development would be able to deliver the infrastructure to provide shops, schools, healthcare and employment.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "We are committed to obtaining local input into our plans for the new settlement and hope people will attend and let us know their views."
The spokesman added that the company is looking to submit an application - based on their findings from the consultation - later this year.
- 1 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 4 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 5 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 6 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 7 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 8 This week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on July 22, 2021
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 Fun T2 cricket match and BBQ help to celebrate Dunmow's 125th anniversary
The exhibition is open at the following locations in the Broadcast area:
Salings Millenium Village Hall, Piccotts Lane, Great Saling on Tuesday March 24 from 4-7pm
Foakes Memorial Hall, Stortford Road, Great Dunmow on Thursday March 26 from 6-8pm.
Friends Meeting House, Stebbing, on Saturday March 28 from 11am-3pm.
For more information contact Ross Pearson on 08456 015 432 or e-mail email@example.com