Exhibition will highlight eco-friendly houses
A SECOND round of consultation is being held to gain views on the proposed new eco-friendly housing settlement at Boxted Wood. Galliard Homes is planning to provide 3400 homes for Uttlesford and 1100 for Braintree on the site adjacent to the old A120 betw
A SECOND round of consultation is being held to gain views on the proposed new eco-friendly housing settlement at Boxted Wood.
Galliard Homes is planning to provide 3400 homes for Uttlesford and 1100 for Braintree on the site adjacent to the old A120 between Stebbing Green and Blake End, straddling the border of the two districts.
The developers are running a public exhibition of the proposals - running at various locations in the Broadcast area from March 24-28 - which a spokesman said would seek to "update our masterplan vision and illustrate how the settlement will sit within the local context".
The exhibition, which follows on from one last year, will aim to explain how the development would be able to deliver the infrastructure to provide shops, schools, healthcare and employment.
The spokesman added: "We are committed to obtaining local input into our plans for the new settlement and hope people will attend and let us know their views."
The spokesman added that the company is looking to submit an application - based on their findings from the consultation - later this year.
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and live music: school news
- 2 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 3 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 4 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 5 Visit Great Yarmouth for a family staycation
- 6 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 7 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 8 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 9 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 10 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
The exhibition is open at the following locations in the Broadcast area:
Salings Millenium Village Hall, Piccotts Lane, Great Saling on Tuesday March 24 from 4-7pm
Foakes Memorial Hall, Stortford Road, Great Dunmow on Thursday March 26 from 6-8pm.
Friends Meeting House, Stebbing, on Saturday March 28 from 11am-3pm.
For more information contact Ross Pearson on 08456 015 432 or e-mail email@example.com