Exhibition will highlight eco-friendly houses
A SECOND round of consultation is being held to gain views on the proposed new eco-friendly housing settlement at Boxted Wood. Galliard Homes is planning to provide 3400 homes for Uttlesford and 1100 for Braintree on the site adjacent to the old A120 betw
A SECOND round of consultation is being held to gain views on the proposed new eco-friendly housing settlement at Boxted Wood.
Galliard Homes is planning to provide 3400 homes for Uttlesford and 1100 for Braintree on the site adjacent to the old A120 between Stebbing Green and Blake End, straddling the border of the two districts.
The developers are running a public exhibition of the proposals - running at various locations in the Broadcast area from March 24-28 - which a spokesman said would seek to "update our masterplan vision and illustrate how the settlement will sit within the local context".
The exhibition, which follows on from one last year, will aim to explain how the development would be able to deliver the infrastructure to provide shops, schools, healthcare and employment.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: "We are committed to obtaining local input into our plans for the new settlement and hope people will attend and let us know their views."
The spokesman added that the company is looking to submit an application - based on their findings from the consultation - later this year.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
The exhibition is open at the following locations in the Broadcast area:
Salings Millenium Village Hall, Piccotts Lane, Great Saling on Tuesday March 24 from 4-7pm
Foakes Memorial Hall, Stortford Road, Great Dunmow on Thursday March 26 from 6-8pm.
Friends Meeting House, Stebbing, on Saturday March 28 from 11am-3pm.
For more information contact Ross Pearson on 08456 015 432 or e-mail email@example.com