Ex-England cricketer fills role at Essex school
FIVE key sporting roles have recently been filled at Felsted in its pursuit to maintain its leading edge in school sport. Ex-England and county cricketer Jason Gallian has been appointed as Head of Cricket and ex-London Wasps player, Andrew Le Chevalier,
FIVE key sporting roles have recently been filled at Felsted in its pursuit to maintain its leading edge in school sport.
Ex-England and county cricketer Jason Gallian has been appointed as Head of Cricket and ex-London Wasps player, Andrew Le Chevalier, as Head of Rugby.
Duncan Woods, a former England and GB International Hockey player joined as
Head of Hockey in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
A new role of Director of Sport has been created to oversee the sporting provision for all boys and girls at the school, and to provide an individually tailored programme for sporting scholars. Charlie Knightley, a former player with Gloucestershire CCC 2nd XI and London Scottish RFC, and a current Housemaster at Felsted, fills this position.
Brian Hays, an experienced former Head of PE and an active tri-athlete joins Felsted Preparatory School as Head of Sports and Activities to nurture and develop talent in Felsted's younger pupils.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 9 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 10 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
The new Director of Sport, Mr Knightley, said: "These key roles have been developed to further improve the excellent coaching the boys and girls receive at Felsted.
"The expansion of the coaching teams and employment of ex elite players will enhance the provision we can offer the pupils and backs up a dedicated teaching body who have been helping develop sport for many years."
Felsted will offer sport scholarships for the first time from September 2010.