Ex-England cricketer bowls in to give inspirational talk
AN EX-ENGLAND cricketer bowled in to his rival county to help raise over �4500 for charity. Fast bowler Angus Fraser, who played for Middlesex for over 20 years, arrived in Great Dunmow to give a talk to the town s rotary club.
AN EX-ENGLAND cricketer bowled in to his rival county to help raise over �4500 for charity.
Fast bowler Angus Fraser, who played for Middlesex for over 20 years, arrived in Great Dunmow to give a talk to the town's rotary club at their annual sportsman's dinner.
In total 175 guests, mainly local businessmen and women, attended the sporty evening at Foakes Hall on April 12 and enjoyed an entertaining talk from Mr Fraser.
Rotary president David Green hailed the night as a success. "Angus, currently director of cricket at Middlesex, gave an excellent talk on his playing days as a test cricketer and fast Bowler. He also answered many questions from the audience."
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the event will be put towards the rotary club's chosen charities including a significant award to SportsAid, the national charity for sport which assists young sportsmen with grants towards training equipment and career development.
During the closing stages of the evening SportsAid spokesman Chris Dyer gave a vote of thanks to the club in appreciation for over eight years of support and outlined the success of the many young sports personalities who had gone on to great things after being given grants.
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 6 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 7 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 8 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
WERE you there? Tell us what you thought - e-mail email@example.com