Everyone put on their “best pirate voices” at The Garden’s of Easton Lodge
- Credit: Archant
It was all aboard for the pirate trail around The Gardens of Easton Lodge last weekend.
Children had to follow clues to complete their challenge and win treasure from the pirate chief, which included chocolate crispy cakes and stickers.
Trustee Sue Gilbert said: “We know that parents can struggle to find affordable entertainment for their children over the long summer holidays, so we decided to lay on something to help.”
She said that all the volunteers had practiced their “best pirate voices”.
They were selling sandwiches on the gate, which were sold out by the end of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Helen Carter, trust administrator at the gardens, added: “It went well and the kids that did come had a lovely time, they ran around the garden, the volunteers dressed up, and there were loads of stuff for them to have fun.
“The adults had a nice time as well, it’s a good day for families because we don’t charge very much for children to come in.”
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 5 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 6 Moth night celebrates Dunmow's autumn biodiversity
- 7 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 8 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 9 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 10 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed