Every thin's great for Essex weight-Loss group's woman of the year
A WEIGHT-LOSS group has crowned its Woman of the Year after she lost almost five-stone in less than two years. Cara West, who lives in Little Canfield, has been attending the Takeley Slimming World Group for three years in a bid to shed the pounds. She di
A WEIGHT-LOSS group has crowned its Woman of the Year after she lost almost five-stone in less than two years.
Cara West, who lives in Little Canfield, has been attending the Takeley Slimming World Group for three years in a bid to shed the pounds. She did so well, she even convinced her fianc� to join in.
She said: "With the help and support of my local group I have managed to lose 4st 12lbs.
"This year has really been fantastic for me. I was voted miss slinky, target member of the year, and woman of the year in our group.
You may also want to watch:
"I have dropped from a size 16 to a size eight dress size, and have even managed to convince my fianc� to join in. He has lost almost four stone now - and is still going." She added: "It is a real pleasure to go to group being a target member to help and support other people in their weight loss, and to be among real friends."
As a reward for her efforts, Cara was treated to a day of pampering in Great Dunmow on Friday, organised by the group's leader Carol Humphrey.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 9 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 10 Stations benefit from funding
She had her hair and make-up done at the Sixty-Four beauty salon, before getting fitted out with an entirely new outfit at High Street boutique, Wardrobe.
She was the treated to lunch by some of her fellow slimmers at the Square One restaurant.
Mrs Humphrey said: "She deserves it. She has worked hard and her life has changed. Her weight loss has been unbelievable.