Event to publicise Dunmow Tourist Information Centre
DUNMOW Town Council is hosting a community event next week to publicise the Tourist Information Centre in its new location.
The facility has been moved to Dunmow Library in White Street having been operating at the back of Banana Travel since being launched in 2009.
The event – on Saturday July 9 starting at 12noon – will include:
• St Mary’s Primary School putting on a display in the library of their ideas for future uses for the town square
• The Dunmow Flitch Trials Committee starting the countdown of one year to the 2012 Flitch Trials
• The Town Crier out and about during the morning to let people know about it
The TIC is open every morning and is manned by a loyal and dedicated band of volunteers. The council would ideally like to open up the facility on Saturday mornings too and it is hoped that new volunteers will come forward.
- 1 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
- 4 Dunmow TKD enjoy medal-laden trip to British Championships
- 5 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year
- 6 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 7 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 8 30 new homes proposed for Hatfield Broad Oak
- 9 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter
For details call Dunmow Town Council on 01371 872406.