Essex Young Musician of the Year is open for entries
- Credit: Essex Young Musician of the Year Competition
The 2021 Essex Young Musician of the Year Competition is open and looking for entries.
This year marks the 37th contest, which aims to support and encourage young musicians of talent and potential.
The competition is open to instrumentalists and singers, aged 26 or under on July 4. Unfortunately, organists are unable to take part.
Participants need to have been born in Essex including the old Essex towns of Ilford, Wanstead and Woodford, have a home address in Essex, or attend or have attended school or college in Essex. The closing date for entries is May 31.
First prize is for £1,000, a cup for a year and a recital engagement. There are additional prizes, including two for under 19s who have given the most outstanding performances in their age group.
You may also want to watch:
Applications should be made online through the website www.ongarmusicclub.org.uk
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 Broomfield nurse still struggling with Covid-19 after effects
- 3 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 4 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 5 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 9 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced