ESSEX: Why not celebrate St George’s Day the traditional way?
A GREAT chance to hear the enthusiastic young voices of youngsters from two local primary schools will be available today (St George s Day, April 23). Thaxted Primary and St Mary s Primary Dunmow will enjoy this special day with music, verse and song.
A GREAT chance to hear the enthusiastic young voices of youngsters from two local primary schools will be available today (St George's Day, April 23).
Thaxted Primary and St Mary's Primary Dunmow will enjoy this special day with music, verse and song.
Why not come suitably clad in red and white and wave your flag for St George and Merrie England?
Now in its third year, the entertainment at 3pm in Thaxted Church, promises something new for 2010.
You may also want to watch:
Not only will there be Maypole Dancing, but Rickstones Revellers will perform a traditional Mummers Play, best described as early pantomime and based loosely on the legend of St George and the Dragon, intending to show the struggle between good and evil.
And to finish off the afternoon, enjoy a tea and delicious homemade cakes.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
Admission is free. If you've enjoyed yourself, donations to Thaxted Lincoln Organ Restoration Fund will be very much appreciated.
For more information visit thaxtedlincolnorgan.org