Essex villages to benefit from new community centre
THE communities of Takeley and Little Canfield are set to benefit from a new community centre being officially opened this weekend.
The Priors Green Community Centre, located within the new housing development in Takeley and Little Canfield, is a brand new facility that can be used by local residents and organisations for classes, clubs and other events.
Built as the result of a partnership between Uttlesford District Council and Takeley and Little Canfield parish councils, the new centre will be officially opened at a ceremony taking place at 11am on Saturday 17 July.
Uttlesford District Council will maintain the centre initially, but hopes to transfer the facility’s management to the local community in the future.
Gaynor Bradley, Uttlesford District Council’s community partnerships manager, said: “The new community centre in Priors Green is an excellent facility and I’m sure it will be very well used.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to seeing the centre become a focal point of the community and it is great to see all the hard work everyone has put in come to fruition.”
The community centre is already available for hire. If you would like to find out more about the facility and discover what activities might be available, head along to the opening between 11am and 2pm on Saturday July 17.
- 1 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 2 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 3 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 4 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 5 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 6 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 7 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 8 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 9 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
You can also find out more by contacting Teresa Fitten or Mike Sneath on 01279 871901 or 07976 071761 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively contact Gaynor Bradley on 01799 510348 or by emailing email@example.com.