Essex villages to benefit from new community centre
THE communities of Takeley and Little Canfield are set to benefit from a new community centre being officially opened this weekend.
The Priors Green Community Centre, located within the new housing development in Takeley and Little Canfield, is a brand new facility that can be used by local residents and organisations for classes, clubs and other events.
Built as the result of a partnership between Uttlesford District Council and Takeley and Little Canfield parish councils, the new centre will be officially opened at a ceremony taking place at 11am on Saturday 17 July.
Uttlesford District Council will maintain the centre initially, but hopes to transfer the facility’s management to the local community in the future.
Gaynor Bradley, Uttlesford District Council’s community partnerships manager, said: “The new community centre in Priors Green is an excellent facility and I’m sure it will be very well used.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to seeing the centre become a focal point of the community and it is great to see all the hard work everyone has put in come to fruition.”
The community centre is already available for hire. If you would like to find out more about the facility and discover what activities might be available, head along to the opening between 11am and 2pm on Saturday July 17.
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 4 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 5 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 6 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 7 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 8 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 9 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail
- 10 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
You can also find out more by contacting Teresa Fitten or Mike Sneath on 01279 871901 or 07976 071761 or by emailing email@example.com. Alternatively contact Gaynor Bradley on 01799 510348 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.