Essex village launches photograph competition ahead of 2012 calendar fundraiser
PUBLISHED: 11:08 11 June 2011
AFTER the overwhelming success of last year's Finchingfield calendar, the search is underway for the 12 best photos of the village.
The Guildhall Restoration Project Team has announced that it is running the Images of Finchingfield competition again this year.
Entry is open now and will close July 8. All entries will be displayed at an exhibition on July 16-17 from 2–4 pm at the Finchingfield Village Hall, at which guests will be able to vote for their favourites.
The 12 best placed images will then be used to create a 2012 calendar, proceeds from which will benefit the restoration project.
The conditions of entry are as follows:
• Images can be photographs, paintings or other visual media.
• One calendar month will be reserved for children aged 10 or under.
• A second calendar month will be reserved for people aged 18 and under.
• The remaining 10 calendar months will be filled by the 10 best placed entries.
• The image must be your own work.
• There is no entry fee, up to two images per entrant.
• Each entry must be accompanied by a fully complete entry form.
Subject matter is entirely open but should be of some element in the parish, be that a picturesque village scene, village life in full swing or a detail from the countryside.
Digital files should be of sufficient resolution to ensure a quality print at A4 (297 x 210 mm at 300 dpi or 2480 x 3508 pixels).
Prints or artwork should be clean and in good condition. Please do not submit the original or your only copy, if necessary make a photocopy, or photograph artwork, for the initial submission.
Electronic submission should be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and hardcopy submissions to Jackie Bargman, Willets, Duck End or Jeremy Toynbee, Wrights, Vicarage Road.
The team would also like to hear from any local businesses that would like to sponsor a month.