ESSEX: Ultravox star and Band Aid scripter Midge Ure to perform at High Barn
TWO of the most professional and entertaining acts around will appear at High Barn over two nights, meaning that guests will know exactly what they will be getting for their money. Band Aid scripter and Ultravox pop star Midge Ure is first up.
TWO of the most professional and entertaining acts around will appear at High Barn over two nights, meaning that guests will know exactly what they will be getting for their money - sheer quality.
Band Aid scripter and Ultravox pop star Midge Ure is first in line on Thursday May 20 followed by witty singer songwriter Richard Digance on Friday May 21.
An artist who has received Grammy awards along with a flotilla of gold and platinum records, really needs very little introduction.
You may also want to watch:
Musical success is seldom measured in time spans of more than a few years, so the fact that by the time Midge's single If I Was went to No1 in 1985 he had already crammed several musical lifetimes into a 10-year professional career speaks volumes. Slik, The Rich Kids, Thin Lizzy, Visage, Ultravox and of course the most famous one-off group in musical history, Band Aid, had by then all contributed to the guiding hand of his solo musical navigation.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Dunmow mayor sets out summer programme set to unite community
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
One of the most entertaining acts you will ever see. He has survived all trends with his two and a half hour one-man show, his summer festival appearances in the UK, the United States, Canada and Dubai, as well as his cruise work and television appearances.
He is both an accomplished musician, rated by many as one of Britain's greatest acoustic guitarists. He is an entertainer who many younger comedians claim as one of their major influences. Garry Bushell, in The Sunday People listed Richard Digance as one of the 'magnificent seven of British comedy' along with the likes of Tommy Cooper and Bob Monkhouse - a wonderful tribute indeed.
Tickets are available from the High Barn box office on 01371 811291
Midge Ure �22
Richard Digance �15