Essex travel shop cruises to prestigious award
A DUNMOW High Street travel agency have won a prestigious award for selling more cruises in one year than any other UK travel shop. Dalton Travel Dunmow won the inaugural Page and Moy travel agent of the year award 2009, after selling close to a million p
A DUNMOW High Street travel agency have won a prestigious award for selling more cruises in one year than any other UK travel shop.
Dalton Travel Dunmow won the inaugural Page and Moy travel agent of the year award 2009, after selling close to a million pounds worth of cruises for one particular company.
Shop owner, Suda Gray, believes that it is down to the hard work of her team and also says that it shows signs of encouragement for the rest of Dunmow's High Street.
She said: "Although we do a lot of work on the phone our footfall has increased recently. It seems people are coming back to travel agents for a face-to-face service rather than looking on the internet for deals."
You may also want to watch:
The shop team also say they have already sold nearly �500,000s worth of cruises for next year and Mrs Gray is also taking on another member of staff to cope with demand.
"Although we are told people have no money, they still seem to be prepared to spend on holidays," she said. "We often support the local community, I always shop locally for example, and it seems the local people are supporting us."
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 3 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 4 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 7 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 8 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 9 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
WHAT do you think? Is the recession all doom and gloom? Or are you still shopping, travelling and enjoying life. Drop us an e-mail at email@example.com or write to us at 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1EE.