Essex town wins prestigious playing fields award
GREAT Dunmow officially has some of the best playing fields in Essex and they now have the awards to prove it. The town council have been awarded with a shield, and �350, after they came first in the best kept playing fields awards, class one, for towns w
GREAT Dunmow officially has some of the best playing fields in Essex and they now have the awards to prove it.
The town council have been awarded with a shield, and �350, after they came first in the best kept playing fields awards, class one, for towns with over 2500 occupants, run by the Essex Playing Fields Association.
Councillors David Beedle and Milan Milovanovic received award at a special ceremony at Essex County Cricket Club on October 29.
Cllr Milovanovic said: "It is a great award for this town to win and it was also pleasing to knock Danbury off the winners list - as they had won it for the last three years. It is a very prestigious award."
You may also want to watch:
A lot of the success was credited to deputy town clerk David Green, who overseas the work carried out at the recreation ground, and at all of the green spaces and parks in the town.
Town Mayor Gywnn Davies said: "We must all thank the deputy town clerk for all the hard work he puts in to make our green spaces so inviting. He is a credit to the council.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 5 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service
- 6 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 7 New chief executive for ambulance service
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing