Essex town square project will get water, electric...and a Christmas tree!
A FLAGSHIP project to rejuvenate a town centre will get some extra additions before it is unveiled to the public.
Great Dunmow’s new town square well have extra bells and whistles in the shape of a water pipe for a fountain and a deep fixing point and electric socket for a large Christmas tree.
Both aspects are being encompassed in the current building project which will be completed by the end of August with a view to an official celebrity opening in late September.
Although a fountain will not be put in immediately the pipe means that when, at a later date, the town council decide a water feature is possible, nothing will have to be dug up.
However, preparations for a town Christmas extravaganza have been boosted by the welcome addition of a place for a central tree.
You may also want to watch:
The Dunmow Chamber of Trade and Commerce is looking to expand its popular late-night shopping event on December 3 in order to incorporate singing, dancing and a torch-light Christmas parade.
The event will bring together the whole community, from children and families in the square to shoppers up and down the High Street and carol singing in Market Square.
- 1 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 2 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 3 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 4 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
WHAT would you like to see in Great Dunmow this Christmas? Let us know by e-mailing email@example.com or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE. We will pass your comments onto the organisers.