Essex town square project will get water, electric...and a Christmas tree!
A FLAGSHIP project to rejuvenate a town centre will get some extra additions before it is unveiled to the public.
Great Dunmow’s new town square well have extra bells and whistles in the shape of a water pipe for a fountain and a deep fixing point and electric socket for a large Christmas tree.
Both aspects are being encompassed in the current building project which will be completed by the end of August with a view to an official celebrity opening in late September.
Although a fountain will not be put in immediately the pipe means that when, at a later date, the town council decide a water feature is possible, nothing will have to be dug up.
However, preparations for a town Christmas extravaganza have been boosted by the welcome addition of a place for a central tree.
You may also want to watch:
The Dunmow Chamber of Trade and Commerce is looking to expand its popular late-night shopping event on December 3 in order to incorporate singing, dancing and a torch-light Christmas parade.
The event will bring together the whole community, from children and families in the square to shoppers up and down the High Street and carol singing in Market Square.
- 1 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 4 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 7 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
WHAT would you like to see in Great Dunmow this Christmas? Let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EE. We will pass your comments onto the organisers.