ESSEX: Time for the knight shift at Cressing Temple
ST GEORGE S DAY is tomorrow (April 23) and to celebrate the occasion, knights of the realm are preparing to joust their way to victory. Horsemen will be taking part in a classic good versus evil battle at Cressing Temple.
ST GEORGE'S DAY is tomorrow (April 23) and to celebrate the occasion, knights of the realm are preparing to joust their way to victory.
Horsemen will be taking part in a classic 'good versus evil' battle at Cressing Temple during a spectacular medieval display on Saturday April 24 and Sunday April 25.
Visitors are invited along to join in the fun and watch history come to life as the Black Knight gallops into the arena ready to challenge his nemesis in a show stopping sex-horse jousting contest.
On the day, Cressing Temple organisers will also be unveiling an all new eagle and vulture show.
There will be a host of activities to keep the whole family entertained including warfare through the ages, medieval living history demonstrations, live music and storytelling.
Visitors can also take in the surroundings, including two of the finest Templar barns in Europe and the beautiful Tudor walled garden.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Queen, Alicia Keys and Diana Ross to star in BBC's Platinum Jubilee Party
- 8 High Easter hit magnificent seven after second-half goal blitz
- 9 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 10 High Roding continue excellent start, as Aythorpe, Dunmow suffer defeats
To complete the experience on Saturday 24 April visitors can enjoy a medieval banquet. Guests will step back in time as they enter the atmospheric medieval barn and re-live the Knights Templar era during the medieval banquet in honour of the patron saint of England.
For more information visit cressingtemple.org.uk
Cressing Temple is located on Witham Road, Cressing, one mile south of Braintree. CM77 8PD.
Joust: Adult �10; Child �5; Family �25 (two adults, two children)
Medieval Banquet: �25 per person, doors open at 7.30pm, tickets are selling out fast so book early to avoid disappointment. Booking line: 0845 603 7624.
Booking lines are open are offering 15 per cent discount on all pre-booked Joust tickets.
Book now on 0845 603 7624