ESSEX: Time for the knight shift at Cressing Temple
ST GEORGE S DAY is tomorrow (April 23) and to celebrate the occasion, knights of the realm are preparing to joust their way to victory. Horsemen will be taking part in a classic good versus evil battle at Cressing Temple.
ST GEORGE'S DAY is tomorrow (April 23) and to celebrate the occasion, knights of the realm are preparing to joust their way to victory.
Horsemen will be taking part in a classic 'good versus evil' battle at Cressing Temple during a spectacular medieval display on Saturday April 24 and Sunday April 25.
Visitors are invited along to join in the fun and watch history come to life as the Black Knight gallops into the arena ready to challenge his nemesis in a show stopping sex-horse jousting contest.
On the day, Cressing Temple organisers will also be unveiling an all new eagle and vulture show.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a host of activities to keep the whole family entertained including warfare through the ages, medieval living history demonstrations, live music and storytelling.
Visitors can also take in the surroundings, including two of the finest Templar barns in Europe and the beautiful Tudor walled garden.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
- 5 Trees are planted in Great Bardfield
- 6 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 7 Round Table supports mayor's charity fund
- 8 Stansted teachers offered lockdown yoga
- 9 Police seek witnesses to two vehicle collision
- 10 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
To complete the experience on Saturday 24 April visitors can enjoy a medieval banquet. Guests will step back in time as they enter the atmospheric medieval barn and re-live the Knights Templar era during the medieval banquet in honour of the patron saint of England.
For more information visit cressingtemple.org.uk
Cressing Temple is located on Witham Road, Cressing, one mile south of Braintree. CM77 8PD.
Joust: Adult �10; Child �5; Family �25 (two adults, two children)
Medieval Banquet: �25 per person, doors open at 7.30pm, tickets are selling out fast so book early to avoid disappointment. Booking line: 0845 603 7624.
Booking lines are open are offering 15 per cent discount on all pre-booked Joust tickets.
Book now on 0845 603 7624