Essex teenager hits a sweet spot with online confectionary company
A TEENAGE entrepreneur from Great Dunmow is taking the recession head-on after starting up his own online confectionary company. Matt Appleton, 18, will launch Forever Scrumptious this week with the aim to provide a wide range of sweets and chocolate to c
A TEENAGE entrepreneur from Great Dunmow is taking the recession head-on after starting up his own online confectionary company.
Matt Appleton, 18, will launch Forever Scrumptious this week with the aim to provide a wide range of sweets and chocolate to customers.
And, with over 400 products already available and more to come, he feels his site has the potential to be the best.
Matt, who is still a sixth form pupil at a college in Chelmsford, said: "I have the determination, passion and imagination for this to be a huge success.
You may also want to watch:
"My father had previous experience in the industry and that provided me with a knowledge base for the business. I am very excited."
Forever Scrumptious has already secured a specialist fudge supplier to provide a variety of handmade fudge, complimenting a selection of pick and mix sweets and indulgent boxes of some of the finest chocolates.
- 1 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 2 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 3 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 4 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 5 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 8 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 9 Public toilets for new Victoria Square town centre development
- 10 Grandmother rescued from muddy field in Little Bardfield
"I decided to set this business up because I always hear people talking about the sweets they loved but could no longer find," said Matt.
"I want to provide a store where they can get them.
"It's been a lifelong dream of mine to run my own business and to do it in an industry that I love and know about is even better."
Forever Scrumptious - www.foreverscrumptious.co.uk - is offering a 10 per cent discount to the first 100 customers who join its mailing list.