ESSEX: Teddy bears chute to thrill - all in the name of charity
TEDDY BEARS will be falling out of the sky above Great Dunmow’s recreation ground on July 17.
But do not worry because the furry friends will be parachuting to the ground safely – all in the name of charity.
The town’s branch of the National Childbirth Trust is hosting the fun event and is inviting children and grown ups to attach their bears to teddy-sized parachutes so they can be launched off a high platform and float gently back to earth.
A donation of �1 is requested for this adventure and the teddy’s owners are encouraged to get sponsorship before the jump.
The bears even get their very own certificate of achievement for bravery.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsorship forms can be obtained by visiting the Teddy Bear Parachuting event on the branch’s events listing – visit nct.org.uk/Dunmow
The fun starts at 1pm and in addition to the teddy bear jump, the branch will be holding its annual NCT Cheeky Monkey’s Tea Party during the afternoon. Activities will include loads of entertainment, such as Jo Jingles taster sessions, face painting, a raffle and a summer bonnet competition. Attending the event is free.
- 1 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 2 Dunmow tributes to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 4 Lockdown easing: 'Shop abuse will not be tolerated'
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 7 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 8 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 9 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 10 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
All donations will help the Great Dunmow branch provide support to local expectant and new parents, and will also help to fund the NCT’s Early Days helpline aimed at new parents who can call to get information and support in those early weeks after the birth from trained postnatal leaders.
? Let us know if your teddy is up for the jump! E-mail us at email@example.com