ESSEX: Teddy bears chute to thrill - all in the name of charity
TEDDY BEARS will be falling out of the sky above Great Dunmow’s recreation ground on July 17.
But do not worry because the furry friends will be parachuting to the ground safely – all in the name of charity.
The town’s branch of the National Childbirth Trust is hosting the fun event and is inviting children and grown ups to attach their bears to teddy-sized parachutes so they can be launched off a high platform and float gently back to earth.
A donation of �1 is requested for this adventure and the teddy’s owners are encouraged to get sponsorship before the jump.
The bears even get their very own certificate of achievement for bravery.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsorship forms can be obtained by visiting the Teddy Bear Parachuting event on the branch’s events listing – visit nct.org.uk/Dunmow
The fun starts at 1pm and in addition to the teddy bear jump, the branch will be holding its annual NCT Cheeky Monkey’s Tea Party during the afternoon. Activities will include loads of entertainment, such as Jo Jingles taster sessions, face painting, a raffle and a summer bonnet competition. Attending the event is free.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 6 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 7 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex
All donations will help the Great Dunmow branch provide support to local expectant and new parents, and will also help to fund the NCT’s Early Days helpline aimed at new parents who can call to get information and support in those early weeks after the birth from trained postnatal leaders.
? Let us know if your teddy is up for the jump! E-mail us at email@example.com