Essex swimmers splash the cash for Marie Curie
SWIMMERS at Great Dunmow leisure centre have helped to splash the cash by raising �5534 for charity.
During the annual national swimathon for Marie Curie Cancer Care and The Swimathon Foundation, paddlers, flappers, splashers and crawlers managed to join in and help raise over �2million nationwide.
Great Dunmow Leisure Centre business manager David Burnham said: “The Swimathon is always a well supported fundraising initiative and it was great to see so many people in our community taking part and fundraising for Marie Curie Cancer Care.
“More than 62 swimmers came along and swam 50, 100 or 200 lengths to raise much needed funds for the worthwhile cause.
“Our swimming alone raised more than �5534 for the charity – well done swimmers.”
You may also want to watch:
DID you take part? Give us your comments and stories by e-mailing email@example.com
- 1 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 2 Dunmow Cricket Club announces new sponsor
- 3 Garden of remembrance opens, part funded by Captain Sir Tom Moore fund
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Dunmow sign writer's traditional skills are a hit
- 8 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history