Essex star Irani at planning meeting

PUBLISHED: 18:37 27 August 2008 | UPDATED: 07:04 30 May 2010

EX-England cricketer Ronni Irani showed an interest in a Dunmow planning application by turning up to the Saffron Walden council offices during a development control meeting. The planning application up for scrutiny was the proposed demolition of 39 The C

EX-England cricketer Ronni Irani showed an interest in a Dunmow planning application by turning up to the Saffron Walden council offices during a development control meeting.

The planning application up for scrutiny was the proposed demolition of 39 The Causeway to make way for seven new houses.

Mr Irani was present at the meeting and sat next to the developer's representative, John Biswell, during a lengthy debate between district councillors.

The application has caused much discussion over recent weeks, with objections flying in from residents near to the site and from town councillors who cite the proposed building work as overdevelopment.

Cllr Ron Clover said: "It will obstruct the view for current house owners."

Councillors debated whether to accept the proposal with conditions, as recommended by the planning officers, but decided it was too difficult a decision to make until the site had been seen properly.

Cllr Jackie Cheetham

said: "It would help us to make a well informed decision. I know The Causeway well, but we need a site visit to actually see

the space."

A visit has now been arranged for Wednesday September 3 at 10am.

After the application had been reviewed Mr Irani left the council chambers in the company of Mr Biswell.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dunmow Broadcast