Shop Local: free range turkeys, geese and chickens
- Credit: BYFORD & WRIGHT
A family business that has been running for many years can sell you free range poultry for your Christmas table.
Byford and Wright at Nortofts Farm in Wethersfield has locally reared turkeys, geese and chickens.
They also sell produce from the farm shop including eggs, potatoes and apples.
The business can take pre-orders by telephone and payment through their card machine, or cash.
Howard Wright said the food miles involved in their business is very low, as everything comes from very close at hand to Nortofts Farm, even the feed.
You may also want to watch:
And he said the Shop Local campaign is playing its part in supporting local businesses.
Repeat customers have been coming to them for years.
- 1 Distraction theft in Dunmow leaves woman without handbag
- 2 Secretary of state to consider overturning Finchingfield houses approval
- 3 Police appeal after clothing theft from donation container
- 4 Villages around Great Dunmow covered in frost and snow
- 5 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 6 Church received £31,000 grant for restoration purposes
- 7 Community helps foodbank under pressure
- 8 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 9 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 10 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
“We have been doing turkeys here for 70 odd years.
“I have a picture of my grandma in the barn, in black and white.
“Our longest repeat customer has been 49 years here, buying turkeys.”
Get in touch with them on 01371 850314.