Shop Local: free range turkeys, geese and chickens
- Credit: BYFORD & WRIGHT
A family business that has been running for many years can sell you free range poultry for your Christmas table.
Byford and Wright at Nortofts Farm in Wethersfield has locally reared turkeys, geese and chickens.
They also sell produce from the farm shop including eggs, potatoes and apples.
The business can take pre-orders by telephone and payment through their card machine, or cash.
Howard Wright said the food miles involved in their business is very low, as everything comes from very close at hand to Nortofts Farm, even the feed.
You may also want to watch:
And he said the Shop Local campaign is playing its part in supporting local businesses.
Repeat customers have been coming to them for years.
- 1 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 2 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 3 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 4 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 5 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 6 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 7 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 8 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 9 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 10 In this week's paper: Dunmow Broadcast on Thursday August 5
“We have been doing turkeys here for 70 odd years.
“I have a picture of my grandma in the barn, in black and white.
“Our longest repeat customer has been 49 years here, buying turkeys.”
Get in touch with them on 01371 850314.