Shop Local: free range turkeys, geese and chickens
- Credit: BYFORD & WRIGHT
A family business that has been running for many years can sell you free range poultry for your Christmas table.
Byford and Wright at Nortofts Farm in Wethersfield has locally reared turkeys, geese and chickens.
They also sell produce from the farm shop including eggs, potatoes and apples.
The business can take pre-orders by telephone and payment through their card machine, or cash.
Howard Wright said the food miles involved in their business is very low, as everything comes from very close at hand to Nortofts Farm, even the feed.
And he said the Shop Local campaign is playing its part in supporting local businesses.
Repeat customers have been coming to them for years.
- 1 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 2 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 3 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 4 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 5 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 110 homes near Stansted Airport: design and details approved
- 10 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
“We have been doing turkeys here for 70 odd years.
“I have a picture of my grandma in the barn, in black and white.
“Our longest repeat customer has been 49 years here, buying turkeys.”
Get in touch with them on 01371 850314.