Essex scout district gets a new leader
SCOUTS in the Hatfield Forest District are heading for some exciting times following the appointment of a new district commissioner.
Liz Craig has been involved in the movement from the age of 16, most recently volunteering as an assistant beaver scout leader with Henham and Elsenham.
She is looking forward to taking on her new challenging role. “Some people think it’s all about paper work,” she said. “But I am looking forward to still working with the most important people in scouting – the young people.”
The district is made up of 11 groups across Dunmow and West Essex which bring fun and adventure to nearly 500 people.
Liz will be managing these groups to ensure that even more youngsters can take part in the wide variety of activities.
You may also want to watch:
Taking up her new role she paid tribute to the hard work put in by the previous commissioner, Sandra Arnold. She added: “I hope to build on the successes the district has had during the past years.”
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Seventh flood in Great Bardfield breaks pavement
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 8 Dolly the pig gets help after getting stuck in the mud
- 9 Former POW camp on council heritage list
- 10 Work placements for almost 200 ARU student nurses