Essex scout district gets a new leader
SCOUTS in the Hatfield Forest District are heading for some exciting times following the appointment of a new district commissioner.
Liz Craig has been involved in the movement from the age of 16, most recently volunteering as an assistant beaver scout leader with Henham and Elsenham.
She is looking forward to taking on her new challenging role. “Some people think it’s all about paper work,” she said. “But I am looking forward to still working with the most important people in scouting – the young people.”
The district is made up of 11 groups across Dunmow and West Essex which bring fun and adventure to nearly 500 people.
Liz will be managing these groups to ensure that even more youngsters can take part in the wide variety of activities.
You may also want to watch:
Taking up her new role she paid tribute to the hard work put in by the previous commissioner, Sandra Arnold. She added: “I hope to build on the successes the district has had during the past years.”
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced