Essex scout district gets a new leader
SCOUTS in the Hatfield Forest District are heading for some exciting times following the appointment of a new district commissioner.
Liz Craig has been involved in the movement from the age of 16, most recently volunteering as an assistant beaver scout leader with Henham and Elsenham.
She is looking forward to taking on her new challenging role. “Some people think it’s all about paper work,” she said. “But I am looking forward to still working with the most important people in scouting – the young people.”
The district is made up of 11 groups across Dunmow and West Essex which bring fun and adventure to nearly 500 people.
Liz will be managing these groups to ensure that even more youngsters can take part in the wide variety of activities.
Taking up her new role she paid tribute to the hard work put in by the previous commissioner, Sandra Arnold. She added: “I hope to build on the successes the district has had during the past years.”
- 1 Great Dunmow man jailed for 14 years
- 2 Assault in Dunmow's Tesco car park
- 3 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 4 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 5 Court imposes five year ban on shoplifter
- 6 Great Dunmow Town Council will be asked to declare 'climate emergency'
- 7 Penalty save and late winner moves High Easter up the table
- 8 Fight breaks out near Great Notley as man reportedly seen with a gun
- 9 Campaigners quiz council over its Wethersfield prisons letters
- 10 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner