Essex scout district gets a new leader
SCOUTS in the Hatfield Forest District are heading for some exciting times following the appointment of a new district commissioner.
Liz Craig has been involved in the movement from the age of 16, most recently volunteering as an assistant beaver scout leader with Henham and Elsenham.
She is looking forward to taking on her new challenging role. “Some people think it’s all about paper work,” she said. “But I am looking forward to still working with the most important people in scouting – the young people.”
The district is made up of 11 groups across Dunmow and West Essex which bring fun and adventure to nearly 500 people.
Liz will be managing these groups to ensure that even more youngsters can take part in the wide variety of activities.
You may also want to watch:
Taking up her new role she paid tribute to the hard work put in by the previous commissioner, Sandra Arnold. She added: “I hope to build on the successes the district has had during the past years.”
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 3 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 4 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 5 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 8 Katie Price alleged assault: 32-year-old man re-bailed
- 9 County councillor: Roads and drains progress being made in the Dunmow area
- 10 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision