Essex school tickled pink to raise cash for breast cancer charity
CHILDREN at Finchingfield Primary School were tickled pink for the day as they raised over �700 for charity. All the pupils wore pink on Friday – a number going one step further by sporting pink hairstyles – to raise money for the breast cancer campaign,
CHILDREN at Finchingfield Primary School were tickled pink for the day as they raised over �700 for charity.
All the pupils wore pink on Friday - a number going one step further by sporting pink hairstyles - to raise money for the breast cancer campaign, Wear It Pink Day.
The school's PTA also held a coffee morning which was attended by a number of craft and pamper stalls.
Headteacher Paula Hagan said: "It's an incredible result for a small school and the money was raised in just under two hours.
You may also want to watch:
"We are grateful to the support which local people and local companies gave us in supplying cakes and raffle prizes.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Official opening held for new air ambulance base