Essex school judged outstanding by Ofsted
PUBLISHED: 11:39 17 June 2010
PUPILS and staff at Great Easton Primary school are celebrating the news that once again the school has been judged to be outstanding by government inspectors.
In her report the Ofsted inspector, who visited the school just before half-term, singled out for particular praise:
- teachers’ high expectations of the children, the standard of teaching and teachers’ constant striving to enhance pupils’ learning experiences
- pupils’ exemplary behaviour, their great enthusiasm for learning and enjoyment of all aspects of school life
- the leadership of the head teacher and senior management team, supported by the Governors, whose efficient self-evaluation and rigorous monitoring has led to a substantial improvement in pupils’ attainment
- the great start provided to Reception children in their first year at the school
- the school’s caring ethos and involvement with the local community.
The areas highlighted for improvement were greater consistency in challenging abler pupils and clearer communication to pupils on how they might improve their work.
Commenting on the report, headteacher Damian Pye said: “This is the second time in as many inspections that Ofsted has judged us to be an outstanding school.
“It is particularly pleasing because the current inspection process is a lot more rigorous than previously and it is nice to know that we still make the grade. I understand that only 6 per cent of primary schools are graded outstanding and we are very proud to be part of such an exclusive group.”
He added: “From the minute I joined the school as headteacher three years ago I knew that the staff and children here were outstanding but it is nice to have my opinion confirmed.
“Still, none of us are resting on our laurels. Everyone involved with the school knows that we have to keep working hard to maintain our high standards.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Dunmow Broadcast. Click the link in the orange box below for details.