Essex police want witnesses after building site thefts in Little Canfield
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses following a building site burglary in Little Canfield, Dunmow. Between 4.30pm on September 23 and 7.30am on September 24, suspects broke into a building site and several storage containers by cutting lock
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses following a building site burglary in Little Canfield, Dunmow.
Between 4.30pm on September 23 and 7.30am on September 24, suspects broke into a building site and several storage containers by cutting locks, causing �3000 worth of damage.
Bricks, fencing panels and building materials with an estimated total value of around �3000 were then stolen from inside.
Crime reduction officer, Peter Caulfield, said: "I would urge members of the public to report any suspicious overnight activity taking place on a building site to police.
"I would also encourage any members of the public or of the business community who would like specific advice on securing their property, including outbuildings and sheds, to contact their local crime reduction officer."
If you require further information on keeping your premises, shed or garage secure, contact crime reduction officers for Uttlesford on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 2 Dunmow pilots airlift medical aid to help Ukraine
- 3 Stebbing Tractor Run: This is the new route for 2022
- 4 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 5 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 6 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
- 7 Musical theatre stars to bring the West End to Saffron Walden in celebration of Rodgers & Hammerstein
- 8 Aythorpe Roding come up short in league opener
- 9 Dunmow Velo: New group ride for beginners as RideLondon due
- 10 Great Dunmow's Soapbox Race's thrills and spills in pictures
Anyone with information about the thefts can contact Mark Ghosh at Dunmow station on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.