Essex Police launch witness appeal as driver fails to stop after woman injured in crash
POLICE have appealed for information to find a driver who failed to stop after a road crash in which a woman was injured.
The collision happened at 3.20pm on Thursday (December 29) at Witham Road, Black Notley, near the junction with Bedells Avenue.
The injured woman, who is in her mid 40s and from Black Notley, was driving a blue Citroen Xsara which was struck by a red Ford Fiesta that failed to stop.
She received a head injury and is currently undergoing tests in hospital.
Investigating officer Pc Nigel Taplin said: “We believe the Fiesta was an old-style model with an S or T registration. It would have received extensive frontal damage and has lost a headlight.
You may also want to watch:
“The car drove off at speed in the direction of White Notley and Faulkbourne. We want to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision and saw the car drove off or from anyone who knows the whereabouts of the damaged vehicle.”
Anyone who can help should contact Pc Taplin at Bocking Road Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Dunmow Cricket Club at 125 years and launch of Project Pavilion
- 4 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Things to do in May: Open Day for Gardens of Easton Lodge
- 7 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 8 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council