Essex Police launch witness appeal as driver fails to stop after woman injured in crash
POLICE have appealed for information to find a driver who failed to stop after a road crash in which a woman was injured.
The collision happened at 3.20pm on Thursday (December 29) at Witham Road, Black Notley, near the junction with Bedells Avenue.
The injured woman, who is in her mid 40s and from Black Notley, was driving a blue Citroen Xsara which was struck by a red Ford Fiesta that failed to stop.
She received a head injury and is currently undergoing tests in hospital.
Investigating officer Pc Nigel Taplin said: “We believe the Fiesta was an old-style model with an S or T registration. It would have received extensive frontal damage and has lost a headlight.
You may also want to watch:
“The car drove off at speed in the direction of White Notley and Faulkbourne. We want to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision and saw the car drove off or from anyone who knows the whereabouts of the damaged vehicle.”
Anyone who can help should contact Pc Taplin at Bocking Road Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Pets Corner: It's time to get your dog back to training class
- 2 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 3 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 4 Braintree council installs further electric vehicle charging points
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
- 9 Coronavirus rates in Essex are doubling every 10 days
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash