Essex police hunting for a hoodie after a brick thrown from bridge smashes into truck windscreen
POLICE are on the hunt for a person who threw a brick from a bridge over a busy dual carriageway, smashing into the windscreen of a truck.
Officers were contacted just before 2pm on Thursday March 10, with reports of something being thrown from a bridge over the A120 between Braintree and Dunmow.
A rock, believed to be a piece of brick, was thrown off the bridge at Station Road, Felsted, and hit the windscreen of a white tipper truck travelling towards Braintree.
The suspect is described as wearing a dark hooded top and was standing on the bridge with one other person.
The tipper truck was being driven by a 59-year-old man from Braintree.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Dunmow on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 2 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 3 Super six for High Easter as they turn on the style against Coggeshall Town youngsters
- 4 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 7 Take away Covid self tests from Thaxted library
- 8 Care at home: what is it, and how can it help?
- 9 Ambitious and fast-growing High Roding raring to go ahead of new season
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open