Essex police arrest two men after drug raid unearths 209 cannabis plants
TWO MEN were arrested on drugs charges last week after police raided a property near Dunmow.
Police executed a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 at a property in Little Canfield and arrested two men.
Officers attended the property in Hamilton Road at 9am on Friday January 28 and discovered a cannabis factory inside the property comprising of 209 cannabis plants, as well as leaves and dried cannabis and a hydroponics set up.
Officers arrested 38-year-old Stuart Ellis, of Longfield, Harlow, and 41-year-old Lee Bridger of Colvers, Matching Green, near Harlow, at the property.
They were later charged with one count each of producing cannabis and appeared before magistrates in Chelmsford on Saturday, January 29.
You may also want to watch:
They were remanded in court custody to appear via video link at Harlow Magistrates Court on February 7
- 1 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 2 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases
- 3 Takeley virtual consultation opens
- 4 Prince Philip death: Uttlesford service and Garden of Remembrance
- 5 Lionel the Giant Perch is 'the perfect addition'
- 6 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 7 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 10 Ram-raid gang member absconds from Suffolk jail