Essex police arrest two men after drug raid unearths 209 cannabis plants
TWO MEN were arrested on drugs charges last week after police raided a property near Dunmow.
Police executed a warrant under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 at a property in Little Canfield and arrested two men.
Officers attended the property in Hamilton Road at 9am on Friday January 28 and discovered a cannabis factory inside the property comprising of 209 cannabis plants, as well as leaves and dried cannabis and a hydroponics set up.
Officers arrested 38-year-old Stuart Ellis, of Longfield, Harlow, and 41-year-old Lee Bridger of Colvers, Matching Green, near Harlow, at the property.
They were later charged with one count each of producing cannabis and appeared before magistrates in Chelmsford on Saturday, January 29.
You may also want to watch:
They were remanded in court custody to appear via video link at Harlow Magistrates Court on February 7
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 5 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 8 Man jailed for at least 18 years after murdering partner out of jealousy
- 9 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 10 Former POW camp on council heritage list