Essex Police appeal for witnesses after car crash in Takeley
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a driver was seriously injured in a road collision near Takeley.
Officers were called to the B183 at Bush End at about 12.40pm on Monday, February 28, 2011 following reports of a collision involving three vehicles.
The vehicles involved were a blue Mini Cooper, a grey Land Rover Discovery and a green Toyota Avensis.
The driver of the Mini, a woman in her 40s from Sawbridgeworth, Herts, was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. Her condition today (Tuesday morning) was described as critical but stable.
The B183 was closed until about 7.35pm while police carried out an initial investigation and the road cleared of damaged vehicles and debris.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened or has information about events leading to the collision should contact Pc Jamie Stirland at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 Man sentenced after admitting two charges of sexual assault
- 4 Prisoner of war camp a 'huge part' of Essex's history
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 8 Summer art competition for children launched by school
- 9 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 10 New cycle network consultation announced