Essex Police appeal for witnesses after car crash in Takeley
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a driver was seriously injured in a road collision near Takeley.
Officers were called to the B183 at Bush End at about 12.40pm on Monday, February 28, 2011 following reports of a collision involving three vehicles.
The vehicles involved were a blue Mini Cooper, a grey Land Rover Discovery and a green Toyota Avensis.
The driver of the Mini, a woman in her 40s from Sawbridgeworth, Herts, was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. Her condition today (Tuesday morning) was described as critical but stable.
The B183 was closed until about 7.35pm while police carried out an initial investigation and the road cleared of damaged vehicles and debris.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw what happened or has information about events leading to the collision should contact Pc Jamie Stirland at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 In pictures: Fun at the 2021 Great Dunmow Teddy Bears' picnic
- 2 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 3 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 4 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 8 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 High Roding at the double and Dunmow go three-up as Aythorpe Roding lose ground in title race