Essex netball team drink their way through a 5k
A TEAM of netball players is taking on a different style of challenge this weekend to raise money for the National Deaf Children’s Society.
Players from Great Dunmow Netball Club will be taking on a 5x5x5 run which will see them run 5km between five different pubs in the town, stopping for five drinks on the way.
Leading the team is Alison Moscuzza and she is expecting a lot of support from friends and family on Saturday.
“We are hoping to line the High Street with supporters,” she said. “Some of our team members have deaf children and so the charity is very close to our hearts. We are hoping to raise as much money as we can and we will also be collecting in the street – I hope people help us out by giving us whatever they can.”
Over 15 women will take part and they kick off proceedings at the Great Dunmow leisure centre at 3pm. That will be followed by visits to the Jalsa Ghar (just for a drink!), traffic, The Cricketers, The Boars Head, and the Kicking Dickey.
You may also want to watch:
Find out to see how they did by going online at dunmowbroadcast24.co.uk
- 1 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 2 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New cycle network consultation announced
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?