Essex netball team drink their way through a 5k
A TEAM of netball players is taking on a different style of challenge this weekend to raise money for the National Deaf Children’s Society.
Players from Great Dunmow Netball Club will be taking on a 5x5x5 run which will see them run 5km between five different pubs in the town, stopping for five drinks on the way.
Leading the team is Alison Moscuzza and she is expecting a lot of support from friends and family on Saturday.
“We are hoping to line the High Street with supporters,” she said. “Some of our team members have deaf children and so the charity is very close to our hearts. We are hoping to raise as much money as we can and we will also be collecting in the street – I hope people help us out by giving us whatever they can.”
Over 15 women will take part and they kick off proceedings at the Great Dunmow leisure centre at 3pm. That will be followed by visits to the Jalsa Ghar (just for a drink!), traffic, The Cricketers, The Boars Head, and the Kicking Dickey.
Find out to see how they did by going online at dunmowbroadcast24.co.uk
- 1 Calvin Harris, David Guetta and Fatboy Slim announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 2 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'
- 3 Dunmow Town Team announces 2021 Christmas market
- 4 Man in hospital after Chelmsford Road collision
- 5 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 6 Christmas festivities kick off in Great Dunmow
- 7 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 8 Dunmow Special and Braintree PCSO among award winners
- 9 There With You This Winter: New scheme for insulation improvements
- 10 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors