ESSEX: Motor club add to snowdrop charm at Gardens of Easton Lodge
SNOWDROPS will not be the only beautiful sight on display at the Gardens of Easton Lodge, near Great Dunmow, this Sunday (February 28). The Essex Austin Seven Club will be ending their regular monthly run at the Gardens, arriving between 2pm and 2.30pm a
SNOWDROPS will not be the only beautiful sight on display at the Gardens of Easton Lodge, near Great Dunmow, this Sunday (February 28).
The Essex Austin Seven Club will be ending their regular monthly run at the Gardens, arriving between 2pm and 2.30pm and parking on the lawns of Warwick House for afficianados of these beautiful little cars to inspect them more closely.
The annual Snowdrops event has become a must-see feature of the garden lovers' calendar as the many thousands of blooms herald the advent of spring. This year, after such a snowy winter, they'll be more welcome than ever.
Opening hours for the Snowdrop Sundays, which also runs on March 7 and March 14, are noon to 4pm with last admission at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for Snowdrop Sundays cost just �2.50 for adults and children enter free. A volunteer team will be manning the gates and serving home made soups, hot chocolate and other drinks and cakes in the courtyard of Warwick House to sustain visitors who venture out to see the first signs of spring.
Snowdrops will also be available for purchase for those looking to start, or add to, their own snowdrop carpets.
- 1 New Hylands Estate parking charges explained
- 2 School receives copies of Grandad's Lost His Glasses
- 3 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 4 One arrest after harassment complaints in Halstead
- 5 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 8 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 9 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
Further information is available from the recorded information service on 01371 876979, online at www.eastonlodge.co.uk or by emailing email@example.com.
The Gardens of Easton Lodge are located just outside Great Dunmow in Little Easton, off the B184 (Great Dunmow to Saffron Walden road). Follow the brown heritage signs.
National Trust: Snowdrop lovers will also want to check out the National Trust's Anglesey Abbey in Cambridgeshire which has perhaps the best known example of this spring phenomenon in the East of England, if not the whole country.
With well over 200 varieties of snowdrop to enjoy at Anglesey Abbey, it is a must-see for anyone with a love for the great outdoors.
The abbey is open every day of the week from 10.30am to 4.30pm and weekday tours are available at 2pm. Tour goers will get the chance to grill National Trust gardeners about the amazing collection. Booking is advisable for the tours, call 01223 810080 for details.