ESSEX: Man suffers injuries after fire breaks out at airfield
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield. Seven fire appliances – the routine attendance for the airfield – were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15). The alarm was raised
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield.
Seven fire appliances - the routine attendance for the airfield - were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15).
The alarm was raised when a fire broke out in an industrial spray booth in a hangar.
The fire was out when firefighters arrived at the scene. They used a thermal image camera to check the fire was completely extinguished within ventilation ducts before leaving the scene at around 4.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The man was left in care of the ambulance service.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 5 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 6 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 10 Ageing trains mended using recycled parts for final years of service