Essex hospital Full to capacity’
DUNMOW S closest hospital has run out of beds for patients according to the deputy chief executive of Mid Essex Hospitals. Members of the public are being asked to only attend Broomfield Hospital s Accident and Emergency department if they are seriously i
DUNMOW'S closest hospital has run out of beds for patients according to the deputy chief executive of Mid Essex Hospitals.
Members of the public are being asked to only attend Broomfield Hospital's Accident and Emergency department if they are seriously ill or need emergency treatment as the hospital is under severe pressure for beds.
The hospital is currently extremely busy due to the high number of patients it is treating and is full to capacity.
Director of finance and resources/deputy chief executive at Mid Essex Hospitals, Philippa Lowe, said: "We are currently experiencing a very high demand for our services so we are advising people with minor ailments to visit their GP or get advice from NHS direct, wherever possible, rather than visiting our Accident and Emergency Department.
You may also want to watch:
"We are coping with our emergency patients, but if people attend as a non emergency they are jeopardising the care we can give to the people who really need it.
"We can't identify any specific reason for us being so busy, but we are treating a high number of very sick patients.
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 Laptops and jewellery stolen during Dunmow burglary