Essex crime: Thieves steal car and jewellery worth �22,000
THIEVES have stolen �22,000 worth of goods, including a car and jewellery, in a daylight raid on a secluded home in the Uttlesford countryside.
Police are appealing for information after crooks broke in through a window at a home in Hartford End on Monday (August 16) between 7.30am and 4.30pm.
After stealing jewellery and causing hundreds of pounds of damage then they then took the keys to a white Renault Megane, number plate HN58 ULB, and drove off.
DCI Mark Wheeler said: “There are a few simple steps that people can take to make themselves even safer, such as keeping keys somewhere out of sight.
“In addition, do not leave cash, bags and wallets lying around. Keep all accessible doors and window closed and locked.
You may also want to watch:
“If you have uPVC doors, ensure that you lock the door with the key - just pulling up the handle does not deadlock the door. If you have a garage, lock your vehicle inside it.”
Detectives are appealing for anyone with information about this crime to contact CID at Braintree on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 2 A12 upgrade: 'The people who live here are not being considered'
- 3 Helena Romanes homes plan 'harmful urbanisation' says council
- 4 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 7 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
- 8 Essex initiative to support children in hospital reaches milestone
- 9 Blue-green algae proves fatal for Doctor's Pond fish
- 10 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault