Essex crime: Luxury BMW stolen under the cover of darkness
CAR thieves have made off with a �44,000 BMW after first stealing the keys from inside the owners house. Between midnight and 8am on Thursday the burglars smashed their way through the front door of a house in The Village, Little Hallingbury, and stole a
CAR thieves have made off with a �44,000 BMW after first stealing the keys from inside the owners house.
Between midnight and 8am on Thursday the burglars smashed their way through the front door of a house in The Village, Little Hallingbury, and stole a wallet along with the keys.
They then drove away the blue BMW 750Li, number plate LB57 XYE.
Essex police are appealing for witnesses. Detective chief inspector Mark Wheeler said: "There are a few simple steps that people can take to make themselves even safer.
You may also want to watch:
"It's good to ensure that you keep your keys somewhere safe and out of sight. In addition, do not leave cash, bags and wallets lying around.
"Please keep all accessible doors and window closed and locked. If you have uPVC doors, please ensure that you lock the door with the key - just pulling up the handle does not deadlock the door. If you have a garage, please try to lock your vehicle away safely inside it."
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 8 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex
Anyone with information about the crime can contact CID at Braintree on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.