Essex crime: �50,000 of Music Equipment stolen from lorry
FOUR pallets worth of music equipment valued at �50,000 has been stolen from a lorry sitting in the Great Dunmow A120 lay-by. Police are appealing for information and witnesses after thieves struck during the night between February 22 and 23. Sometime bet
FOUR pallets worth of music equipment valued at �50,000 has been stolen from a lorry sitting in the Great Dunmow A120 lay-by.
Police are appealing for information and witnesses after thieves struck during the night between February 22 and 23.
Sometime between 11pm and 7am the criminals gained entry to a secure trailer attached to a Scania cab, causing around �200 of damage, and stole electrical music equipment, including microphones, speakers, cables and attachments.
Dunmow's Pc Ashley Howard said: "This theft occurred in the lay-by on the A120 prior to the Dunmow South off slip.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm sure motorists would have passed by the location overnight and I would ask anyone who saw anything suspicious to contact me.
"All the musical equipment was boxed and brand new, and I would also ask members of the public to contact me if they become aware of such equipment being offered for sale."
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 8 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this crime to contact Dunmow on 0300 333 4444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.