Essex community centre in line for business award
THE Arts Centre in Haslers Lane, Great Dunmow, has reached the finals of the 2010 Essex Business Excellence Awards in the Best Company in the Community category.
Situated near the centre of the town, the facility encourages people of all ages and abilities to come together and learn new skills. It also provides new ways for young people to occupy their spare time.
It was originally one of 12 contenders and has made it down to the last two following a rigorous selection process.
The award is aimed at companies that offer something other than their normal day to day business, and strive to give something back to the community.
This could be by offering support to particular groups or by supporting local projects that benefit the community as a whole.
The results of the competition will be announced at a black tie awards evening, in Braxted Park near Witham, on Thursday September 23.
- 1 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 2 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 3 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 6 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 7 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Katie Price alleged assault: Suspect 'released under investigation'