Essex community centre in line for business award
THE Arts Centre in Haslers Lane, Great Dunmow, has reached the finals of the 2010 Essex Business Excellence Awards in the Best Company in the Community category.
Situated near the centre of the town, the facility encourages people of all ages and abilities to come together and learn new skills. It also provides new ways for young people to occupy their spare time.
It was originally one of 12 contenders and has made it down to the last two following a rigorous selection process.
The award is aimed at companies that offer something other than their normal day to day business, and strive to give something back to the community.
This could be by offering support to particular groups or by supporting local projects that benefit the community as a whole.
You may also want to watch:
The results of the competition will be announced at a black tie awards evening, in Braxted Park near Witham, on Thursday September 23.
- 1 Broomfield staff facing a 'battlefield scenario' in Covid fight
- 2 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 3 Beavers help with Finchingfield's 'worst flood in 20 years'
- 4 Hot lunches to support more vulnerable in community
- 5 Try this at home: Chef Webb from MasterChef's latest recipe
- 6 Swan Inn customers support the foodbank
- 7 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 8 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 9 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 10 Green infrastructure plan and carbon reduction activities for Essex