Essex Christmas crackdown on drink or drug driving launched
- Credit: Archant
The annual Christmas crackdown on drink and drug driving in Essex was launched today (Monday).
Posters have been prepared for the Safer Essex Roads Partnership (SERP)’s campaign, which will run until January 4, to show the consequences of being caught drink or drug driving.
The posters, in the style of pub specials boards, highlight the driving ban, a massive fine, potential imprisonment and reduced job prospects.
Pubs and nightclubs will also use beer mats and bar runners carrying the message of there’s “no excuse for drink or drug driving”.
In addition, parking machines will have the message printed on the back of tickets.
You may also want to watch:
The campaign will also visit nine towns and cities in the county, including Chelmsford park and ride sites on Wednesday (December 2) and Colchester’s park and ride and Asda on Thursday (December 3).
Nicola Foster, chairman of SERP, said: “Drink and drug driving are year-round issues but we are using the festive period to remind drivers of their responsibilities, and the penalties if they are caught.”
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 9 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
Members of the public are being reminded they can report anyone who regularly drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.