Essex Christmas crackdown on drink or drug driving launched
- Credit: Archant
The annual Christmas crackdown on drink and drug driving in Essex was launched today (Monday).
Posters have been prepared for the Safer Essex Roads Partnership (SERP)’s campaign, which will run until January 4, to show the consequences of being caught drink or drug driving.
The posters, in the style of pub specials boards, highlight the driving ban, a massive fine, potential imprisonment and reduced job prospects.
Pubs and nightclubs will also use beer mats and bar runners carrying the message of there’s “no excuse for drink or drug driving”.
In addition, parking machines will have the message printed on the back of tickets.
You may also want to watch:
The campaign will also visit nine towns and cities in the county, including Chelmsford park and ride sites on Wednesday (December 2) and Colchester’s park and ride and Asda on Thursday (December 3).
Nicola Foster, chairman of SERP, said: “Drink and drug driving are year-round issues but we are using the festive period to remind drivers of their responsibilities, and the penalties if they are caught.”
- 1 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 2 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 3 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 4 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 5 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 6 Doorbell crimes in Thaxted see one ‘ripped off’ before suspect flees
- 7 Rise in dog thefts during lockdown, says charity
- 8 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 9 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 10 April 12: Five pub gardens and five shops you can visit in Uttlesford
Members of the public are being reminded they can report anyone who regularly drives under the influence of alcohol or drugs to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.