Essex cheerleaders celebrate
DUNMOW S cheerleaders continue to rumble on taking home lots of prizes from the International Cheerleading Championships in July. The group, led by Chairman Fiona Messer, went to the Telford International Arena on July 25 to July 27 and came back with a
DUNMOW'S cheerleaders continue to 'rumble on' taking home lots of prizes from the International Cheerleading Championships in July.
The group, led by Chairman Fiona Messer, went to the Telford International Arena on July 25 to July 27 and came back with an impressive haul of medals.
The girls and boys, aged six to 18 were placed in the top five in five categories that they entered. The results were:
fifth in Peewee Level two;
You may also want to watch:
fourth in Junior Group Stunt;
third in Senior Stunt;
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 3 New cycle network consultation announced
- 4 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
- 5 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 8 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 9 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 10 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
second in Junior Co-Ed Level three; and
first in Senior Co-Ed Level two.
Following their success in competing against 74 other teams, the group also appeared on Channel Five news. Mrs Messer is very proud of them. "We have qualified to compete in the USA, in Florida, next year," she said.
"But we can only consider taking the teams such a long way if we can get a sponsor. We are so proud of our achievement in Telford, that we would love the opportunity to top it in America."
If you would like to sponsor the Rumblebees on their next adventure, call 01371 870739.