ESSEX: Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity encourage people to get dancing
BRITAIN S Got Talent winners Diversity are encouraging people to get dancing with the Red Crosses Dance for Life project. The Dance for life project hopes to get over 5000 young people supporting them at one of the 45 events taking place at theatres and p
BRITAIN'S Got Talent winners Diversity are encouraging people to get dancing with the Red Crosses Dance for Life project.
The Dance for life project hopes to get over 5000 young people supporting them at one of the 45 events taking place at theatres and performing arts centre between March and July.
A statement released by the group said: "We are proud to support the British Red Cross Dance for life project as it is a great opportunity for more young people to enjoy dance and performance. We hope you will be part of Dance for life 2010."
Dance for life project manager, Laura Deacon, said: "By taking part in Dance for Life you could join the 10,000 young performers from across the country that have already come together to do something amazing for charity and celebrate the work of the Red Cross through dance.
You may also want to watch:
"This year the competition has gone nationwide so with your help we hope to raise even more money for vulnerable people in crisis in the UK and overseas. By taking part in dance for life you really can make a difference"
The events are open to all young people who love to dance, regardless of their ability. Primary schools, secondary schools, colleges, dance groups and youth groups are all invited to be part of Dance for Life 2010, the exciting youth dance project that raises funds for the British Red Cross.
- 1 Thieves swap elderly hospital patient’s ‘precious’ rings with tin bands
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 Chelmsford beer festival cancelled for 2021 by Covid concerns
- 7 Vulnerable Uttlesford residents set for council tax rate freeze
- 8 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 9 Revealed: The progress made so far to create a new business park
- 10 Stebbing on the verge of becoming 'small town', residents fear
Funds raised from Dance for Life in Essex will help the British Red Cross care for vulnerable people in crisis across the world in countries like Haiti after the devastating earthquake and also here in the UK, seen when our emergency response teams were out helping people in the snow.
To take part in Dance for life and to find out more information about dates and venues near you visit www.redcross.org.uk/danceforlife or call Laura on 01962 891678.