ESSEX: Britain's Got Talent winners Diversity encourage people to get dancing
BRITAIN S Got Talent winners Diversity are encouraging people to get dancing with the Red Crosses Dance for Life project. The Dance for life project hopes to get over 5000 young people supporting them at one of the 45 events taking place at theatres and p
BRITAIN'S Got Talent winners Diversity are encouraging people to get dancing with the Red Crosses Dance for Life project.
The Dance for life project hopes to get over 5000 young people supporting them at one of the 45 events taking place at theatres and performing arts centre between March and July.
A statement released by the group said: "We are proud to support the British Red Cross Dance for life project as it is a great opportunity for more young people to enjoy dance and performance. We hope you will be part of Dance for life 2010."
Dance for life project manager, Laura Deacon, said: "By taking part in Dance for Life you could join the 10,000 young performers from across the country that have already come together to do something amazing for charity and celebrate the work of the Red Cross through dance.
"This year the competition has gone nationwide so with your help we hope to raise even more money for vulnerable people in crisis in the UK and overseas. By taking part in dance for life you really can make a difference"
The events are open to all young people who love to dance, regardless of their ability. Primary schools, secondary schools, colleges, dance groups and youth groups are all invited to be part of Dance for Life 2010, the exciting youth dance project that raises funds for the British Red Cross.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Creamfields South 2023 festival dates announced for Hylands Park
- 3 Grange Farm and Dunmow Runners make the most of the summer sun
- 4 Town's annual meeting: Dr's Pond, RideLondon, parking issues
- 5 Tributes paid to 'much respected' Great Dunmow Town Band leader Andy King
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Aythorpe Roding earn welcome win, seven-up for Dunmow
- 8 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 9 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
- 10 Pictures: The Great Dunmow Summer Solstice Sundown Festival
Funds raised from Dance for Life in Essex will help the British Red Cross care for vulnerable people in crisis across the world in countries like Haiti after the devastating earthquake and also here in the UK, seen when our emergency response teams were out helping people in the snow.
To take part in Dance for life and to find out more information about dates and venues near you visit www.redcross.org.uk/danceforlife or call Laura on 01962 891678.