Essex families are offered back to school support
- Credit: Archant
Back to school support is being offered to Essex families.
Essex County Council will post links to support, resources and organisations that can help on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Information can also be found on the essex.gov.uk website - search for Staying Well Children and Families.
Cllr Louise McKinlay, the council’s cabinet member for Children and Families, said: “We know that not only will many young people be feeling nervous about returning, many parents and carers will also be feeling apprehensive about sending their child back and may be unsure of how best to support their child.
“This is why we’ve made every effort to ensure there is a wide range support in place. I would encourage anyone who might be struggling, or who might just need that little bit of extra help, to find out more.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex County Council invested around £240,000 into 21,600 free activity camp sessions during the six-week summer holiday to help children to stay active and connected, as well as supporting them to get back into a structured routine.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 5 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 8 Dunmow's Flitch and Chips named as one of the UK's 10 best
- 9 Join Pam on sponsored 'walkies' for Guide Dogs
- 10 Dunmow businesses delighted to be back as lockdown eases