Essex air ambulance give away helmet prize
ESSEX air ambulance charity chiefs have announced the winner of their exclusive eBay-inspired motorcycle helmet competition.
Steve Adams from Black Notley is now the proud owner of a helmet which features unique ‘Motorcycle Run’ branding after successfully bidding online, raising �180 for charity in the process.
Motorcycle Run participants were given the opportunity to bid up until the auction closed on September 18.
A delighted Mr Adams said: “When I saw the helmet on eBay I thought, I want that, but I really expected to be beaten.
“To my surprise it actually fits me. I’ve worn it quite a few times and it’s been recognized a fair bit.
He added: “I fully intend to do next year’s Motorcycle Run wearing it – the air ambulance saved my friends life a few years ago.
“The helmet is the best thing I ever bought on eBay and the ambulance is definitely the best cause there is in Essex.”
- 1 A giant snail, sporting success and other school news
- 2 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 3 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 4 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
- 5 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 6 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 7 Jailed: 'Selfish' 135mph driver spotted speeding on M11 near Woodford
- 8 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 9 Hannah Mortier returns to boxing to raise awareness of the fight against domestic violence
- 10 How to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in Essex
The 11th Motorcycle Run and Harwich Family Festival last month was a huge success with over 5000 bikers taking part and �36,000 being raised.