Essex air ambulance give away helmet prize
ESSEX air ambulance charity chiefs have announced the winner of their exclusive eBay-inspired motorcycle helmet competition.
Steve Adams from Black Notley is now the proud owner of a helmet which features unique ‘Motorcycle Run’ branding after successfully bidding online, raising �180 for charity in the process.
Motorcycle Run participants were given the opportunity to bid up until the auction closed on September 18.
A delighted Mr Adams said: “When I saw the helmet on eBay I thought, I want that, but I really expected to be beaten.
“To my surprise it actually fits me. I’ve worn it quite a few times and it’s been recognized a fair bit.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I fully intend to do next year’s Motorcycle Run wearing it – the air ambulance saved my friends life a few years ago.
“The helmet is the best thing I ever bought on eBay and the ambulance is definitely the best cause there is in Essex.”
- 1 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 2 The Maltings – where would be we without our Friends?
- 3 The benefits of the great outdoors
- 4 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 7 Covid jabs have started at Broomfield Hospital's Vaccination Hub
- 8 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 9 Stations benefit from funding
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
The 11th Motorcycle Run and Harwich Family Festival last month was a huge success with over 5000 bikers taking part and �36,000 being raised.