England’s finest to play
ENGLAND Cricket stars will be hoping to lead their teams to victory at Rickling Green tomorrow. Six teams, each captained by a former England test cricketer, will take to the field in the 23rd annual six-a-side competition. The event will take place over
ENGLAND Cricket stars will be hoping to lead their teams to victory at Rickling Green tomorrow.
Six teams, each captained by a former England test cricketer, will take to the field in the 23rd annual six-a-side competition.
The event will take place over a single day, with the teams being divided into two leagues and the winners of each contesting for the Rickling trophy.
Each team will contain five amateur players and one professional. Taking part this year is: Chris Cowdrey, Gladstone Small, Richard Ellison, John Lever, Peter Such and
You may also want to watch:
John Lodge, President of the Rickling Ramblers Cricket Club who are organising the day, said: "It should be a really big event this year; everyone is really looking forward to it.
- 1 School thanks 'Super Trouper' Carol
- 2 WATCH: Thaxted Morris Men dance together again
- 3 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 4 More than 200 people join the search for missing A120 cat, Daisy
- 5 School class in Dunmow wins national award
- 6 Incredible undefeated season at first time of asking for Dunmow Rovers U7 Tigers
- 7 Garden restoration project joy after public appeal help
- 8 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 9 In pictures: Post box knitting celebrates Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Tom Daley
- 10 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
"All the money raised will be going towards the cricket club to help pay for its upkeep."
The games will start at 11am on the village green and there will be different activities going on throughout the day.
"The best thing is people can just turn up and watch for free," said Mr Lodge. "There will also be a beer tent and a barbecue."
Children's teams from Wendens Ambo, Manuden, Stansted and Clavering will be involved in a quick cricket competition.
Anyone who fancies their chances against a test player, but is not in a team, can always try their hand at bowling a pro. For younger children, there will be a bouncy castle to keep them entertained.
For more information visit www.ricklingramblerscricketday.co.uk