Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- Credit: Cassie Stone
This year's World Book Day was one with a difference, because of the pandemic.
But many families and reading enthusiasts still found a way to have fun.
Melina Eastwood's daughter Emilia, aged 2.5, dressed as a pirate as her favourite book is Pirate Pat by Mairi Mackinnon.
She is photographed here before she headed off to Bright Horizons Nursery in Saffron Walden.
Nell Stone from Stebbing Primary School dressed has Hilda for a virtual World Book Day. It is her last WBD this year as she is in year six.
You may also want to watch:
Florence Edwards, age seven from Stebbing Primary School, was inspired by Pippi Longstocking for World Book Day
She even had wire coat hangers to make her hair stick out in true Pippi Longstocking style.
- 1 There's a rainbow in the woods outside Thaxted
- 2 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners delighted to be back at actual races
- 3 Pay It Forward brings joy to Dunmow community
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 6 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 7 Felsted announces STEM competition winners
- 8 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 9 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 10 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
The school's assistant headteacher Mr Le Masurier challenged the children to find the wackiest place or position to read their favourite book- so Florence jumped at the chance of taking part. She is pictured with Jack the horse.
Here are further submitted photos.