The handwritten letters and drawings sent to Euro 2020's players
- Credit: Takeley Primary School
A Takeley Primary School teacher has shared the handwritten letters and drawings her class sent to England and Italian football teams, following Euro 2020.
The students' letters encourage England players and manager Gareth Southgate not to feel too disappointed and praise the Italian team players on their win.
Teacher Miss Dooley of Year 2 Elder Class said students had been "a little deflated" following the game.
"The results were perhaps not what we hoped for but Elder class reflected on the football teams' achievements to reach the final.
"We wrote letters of support and praise to the football team players celebrating that they had represented England in a fantastic way and to not feel disappointed. We related these lessons to our own lives."
You may also want to watch:
The class celebrated Italy's win by making pizzas.
Miss Dooley was encouraged to share their work by one of the students.
- 1 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 5 Former Felsted schoolboy who broke back twice wins Tokyo bronze
- 6 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Gold filling 'worth about £50' found in Tesco granola squares pack
- 9 Dog whose owner moved away without her is featured on TV
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
She added: "It was fantastic comradery from the children here."