The handwritten letters and drawings sent to Euro 2020's players
- Credit: Takeley Primary School
A Takeley Primary School teacher has shared the handwritten letters and drawings her class sent to England and Italian football teams, following Euro 2020.
The students' letters encourage England players and manager Gareth Southgate not to feel too disappointed and praise the Italian team players on their win.
Teacher Miss Dooley of Year 2 Elder Class said students had been "a little deflated" following the game.
"The results were perhaps not what we hoped for but Elder class reflected on the football teams' achievements to reach the final.
"We wrote letters of support and praise to the football team players celebrating that they had represented England in a fantastic way and to not feel disappointed. We related these lessons to our own lives."
You may also want to watch:
The class celebrated Italy's win by making pizzas.
Miss Dooley was encouraged to share their work by one of the students.
- 1 Katie Price's alleged attacker re-bailed into November, police confirm
- 2 Fond farewell to Sweetland's butchers after 69 years in the trade
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Wethersfield to house nearly 3,500 prisoners in government plan
- 5 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month
- 6 Scouts jamboree fun covers radio skills to Morse Code
- 7 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 8 Full house success: Great Dunmow's Last Night of the Proms
- 9 Hylands Park's new parking charges will be lowered, says council
- 10 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
She added: "It was fantastic comradery from the children here."