The handwritten letters and drawings sent to Euro 2020's players
- Credit: Takeley Primary School
A Takeley Primary School teacher has shared the handwritten letters and drawings her class sent to England and Italian football teams, following Euro 2020.
The students' letters encourage England players and manager Gareth Southgate not to feel too disappointed and praise the Italian team players on their win.
Teacher Miss Dooley of Year 2 Elder Class said students had been "a little deflated" following the game.
"The results were perhaps not what we hoped for but Elder class reflected on the football teams' achievements to reach the final.
"We wrote letters of support and praise to the football team players celebrating that they had represented England in a fantastic way and to not feel disappointed. We related these lessons to our own lives."
The class celebrated Italy's win by making pizzas.
Miss Dooley was encouraged to share their work by one of the students.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 RideLondon 5 year plan: 900 object to district road closures
- 3 New speed check groups to start: Rayne duo share experiences
- 4 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 5 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 6 243 Takeley homes granted outline approval despite concerns
- 7 Emergency bananas rescue man's 875-mile solo cycle challenge
- 8 Great Dunmow and High Easter take centre stage as Women's Tour of Britain hits town
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Man dies at the scene of A120 'incident'
She added: "It was fantastic comradery from the children here."