In pictures: Roman Day for primary school pupils
- Credit: Great Dunmow Primary School
History was brought to life for Year 3 pupils during Roman Day.
Great Dunmow Primary School students got to dress in Gladiator costumes for a Gladiator challenge.
They also made mosaics, tasted the protein and fibre rich legume bread and took part in other themed activities.
The students have been learning about how the arrival of the Romans changed Britain.
Some of their thoughts were committed to an art drawing of a Gladiator - it shows the children's thoughts include "I eat spinach" and "strong teeth"!
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Mr Watts said: "The day was part of their Roman topic that the pupils had been studying."
- 1 Plan for 30 Dunmow homes rejected by councillors
- 2 Parkrun is back - runners urged to maintain social distancing
- 3 Debut Dunmow festival set for sellout success
- 4 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 5 Dunmow store transforms with new wedding and prom focus
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 9 Two injured in Hatfield Broad Oak crash
- 10 Life change of direction for owners of new Felsted cafe