In pictures: Roman Day for primary school pupils
- Credit: Great Dunmow Primary School
History was brought to life for Year 3 pupils during Roman Day.
Great Dunmow Primary School students got to dress in Gladiator costumes for a Gladiator challenge.
They also made mosaics, tasted the protein and fibre rich legume bread and took part in other themed activities.
The students have been learning about how the arrival of the Romans changed Britain.
Some of their thoughts were committed to an art drawing of a Gladiator - it shows the children's thoughts include "I eat spinach" and "strong teeth"!
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Mr Watts said: "The day was part of their Roman topic that the pupils had been studying."
- 1 Court sentence for Dunmow knife attacker, guilty of attempted murder
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Grange Farm & Dunmow Runners get in plenty of runs before winter begins
- 5 Dunmow Rovers' girls advance in Essex County League Cup
- 6 Council agrees to 'complicated' parking charges at Hylands Park
- 7 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 8 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 9 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 10 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents