School holds pop-up art gallery after lessons inspire student creativity
- Credit: Dunmow St Mary's Primary School
A pop-up art gallery has displayed students' work at Dunmow St Mary's Primary School.
During Black History Month, pupils worked with their teachers in identifying an artist whose work inspired them.
The children were then asked to create an artistic response of their own, either working in groups or individually.
Deputy headteacher Mr Jarvis said: "As a school, we believe it is essential that we build the cultural capital of our children and ensure that they gain experience and understanding of the wonderful diversity of our community and the whole world around them.
"We are immensely proud of the efforts of the children who, as always, embraced the challenge and worked really hard to produce some wonderful and memorable work."
- 1 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 2 Braintree investment leads to questions about Witham
- 3 Live Nativity returns to Great Dunmow this December
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Dunmow's Stables Hotel could become flats as business 'no longer viable'
- 6 Great Dunmow restaurant Jalsa Ghar at the British Curry Awards
- 7 Meet the cast of this year's special Harlow Playhouse pantomime Robin Hood
- 8 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in the Dunmow district
- 9 'Massive' headliners set to be announced for Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up
- 10 Finchingfield's Bethany Shriever crowned Young Sportswoman of the Year