Easton Lodge gets a new gardener
THE beautiful gardens of Easton Lodge have a new recruit as part of a college partnership. Tom Coppin, a horticultural graduate from Writtle College, has already succeeded in gaining his first graduate gardening job. Tom is about to start his new job as
THE beautiful gardens of Easton Lodge have a new recruit as part of a college partnership.
Tom Coppin, a horticultural graduate from Writtle College, has already succeeded in gaining his first graduate gardening job.
Tom is about to start his new job as a full-time gardener at the gardens, which are just north of Dunmow.
"I am over the moon," he said. "I am really looking forward to caring for and developing the gardens." Tom joins the gardens just as the Gardens of Easton Lodge Preservation Trust has taken over the management of the gardens and has exciting plans for restoration of the design commissioned by the Countess of Warwick in 1901 from the famous Edwardian designer Harold Peto.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a big adventure for us all," said trust chairman Bella D'Arcy, "and we are delighted to have such an enthusiastic and capable gardener such as Tom working with us."
The gardens will be part of a new horticultural course being launched by Writtle College to start this year in Historic Garden Management.
- 1 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 2 Is former Love Island star Carl Woods moving to Bardfield?
- 3 New mayor and deputy mayor appointed for town council
- 4 Contractor appointed for new enterprise centre
- 5 High Easter claim Division Two title with win over Great Bradfords
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 10 Dunmow councillors to devise climate action plan
For more information about this course and other courses in Horticulture please visit: www.writtle.ac.uk