East of England weather report: Thursday January 7 to Monday January 11
FOLLOWING recent snow, widespread ice is expected on roads and pavements across Essex and the rest of the region (Thursday January7), the Met Office has said. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice r
FOLLOWING recent snow, widespread ice is expected on roads and pavements across Essex and the rest of the region (Thursday January7), the Met Office has said.
The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.
Overview for the region
You may also want to watch:
Sunny intervals and snow showers. Remaining very cold.
Today (Thursday January 7)
- 1 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 2 New cycle network consultation announced
- 3 Lockdown eases: new mayor and new Priest join drive-in concert
- 4 Prison sentence extended for man involved in Dunmow attack
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 TSB closes Dunmow branch
- 7 Local Elections 2021: Essex County Council results for Uttlesford
- 8 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 9 Outgoing mayor reflects on 'a Covid year' in office as he steps down
- 10 New Dunmow and Barnston vicar thanks community for their warm welcome
Remaining very cold with sunny intervals, especially in the west where some places may remain dry. More snow showers expected, especially in the east where some may be heavy at times. Maximum temperature 2 �C.
A few clear spells but generally rather cloudy with further snow showers likely, perhaps heavy at times. Snow showers dying out later with a severe frost developing in inland parts. Minimum temperature -5 �C.
Friday (January 8)
Most places dry with some sunny spells at first, but further snow showers are likely during the afternoon with some becoming heavy at times. Continuing very cold. Maximum temperature 2 �C.
Outlook for Saturday (January 9) to Monday (January 10)
Remaining very cold with bitterly cold easterly winds developing, these bringing further snow at times to many places, perhaps with drifting in strong winds. Persistent frost, severe night and morning.