E-fit revealed as police investigate attempted Dunmow dog theft
- Credit: Archant
An e-fit has now been released of a man police are trying to trace after a dog owner’s arm was slashed when a hooded figure tried to cut the animal’s lead and make off with her.
As reported by the Broadcast in June, Zenna, a two-year-old German Shepherd, leapt to her owner’s defence after a man tried to steal her.
Aaron Rolph, 28, a chef from Great Dunmow, was walking his dog in the village when a man in a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms came up behind them and used a sharp knife to try to cut the lead.
As Mr Rolph pulled the lead back, the assailant missed his target and cut Mr Rolph’s arm, which needed stitches. Unaware how injured he was, Mr Rolph punched the stranger in the face but it was when dog Zenna sprang into action and bit the attacker on his left hand that the man gave up and ran away. Mr Rolph said at the time: “I pulled her off him because I was afraid she would rip him to bits and he must have had the same idea because he ran off over the fields.”
The incident was on a footpath near St Mary’s Church in Church End at about 6.15pm on Wednesday, June 3.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to identify the man in the efit, who was described as aged in his 30s, wearing a dark hooded top, dark tracksuit bottoms with lettering on the side and dark blue trainers.
Anyone who recognises him is asked to contact Dc Chris Sedgwick at Braintree CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Dogs seized and three arrested following police operation on Braintree Road, Dunmow
- 2 New Dunmow school approved but safety fears aired
- 3 No 11th hour reprieve for Finchingfield homes plan
- 4 Two charged in connection with Dunmow burglary
- 5 Great Easton pub sells at auction
- 6 More history made by Dunmow Taekwondo's talented students
- 7 Residents urged to have their say in housing consultation
- 8 'That's more like it' roars Takeley's John Hedges after comfortable win in pro fight number two
- 9 Online Young Musician competition launched by Dunmow Rotarians
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after serious accident between Takeley and Dunmow