Reader pictures and video: Let’s Brighten Up Christmas
- Credit: The Maypole, Thaxted
These are the latest reader pictures that have been sent it to give Christmas cheer.
They include images from Great Easton village, which is hosting a Christmas light up competition. People were invited to illuminate their houses after the Christmas tree lights were switched on, and the lights on the village green.
Those talking part can vote for their favourite and the winner will be announced on December 23 when they hope to be singing Christmas carols as a community on doorsteps. Julie Neale said: “This was suggested by my daughter who is a Sister at Addenbrookes hospital. She wanted people to have the feel-good factor she experienced along with her colleagues, when the nation clapped for the NHS on a Thursday night. The Community Association loved the idea and have supported the event.”
We’ve also been sent a video from the Maypole in Thaxted!
Let’s Brighten Up Christmas!
You may also want to watch:
If you have images or video, please share them with us. Email email@example.com
- 1 Pedestrian dies following Dunmow collision
- 2 Man dies after Roxwell collision, police confirm
- 3 Community trees and bulbs to help tackle climate change
- 4 Essex Police issues update on Katie Price's alleged assault
- 5 Interest in women and girls cricket rises following anniversary event
- 6 Felsted collision: Motorcyclist seriously injured
- 7 Dunmow's Macmillan coffee and cake success despite stolen banner
- 8 Man admits to causing death by dangerous driving after B184 collision
- 9 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 10 New chemotherapy centre at Broomfield Hospital is 'fantastic'